Monday, 17 August 2009

Back

It only seems like yesterday I was standing in the Starbucks queue waiting for my skinny latte constantly getting calls from dad on the other end of the terminal to hurry up because it's boarding time.

Arriving in Anna International Airport, Chennai. The humidity just hits you and suddenly all you want to do is take off your clothes and have a cold shower.

I got screened for swine flu which was pretty exciting and Immigration check was the longest process ever. Like always we were in the cursed queue that moved the slowest!

Overall, it's been a crazy but amazingly quick holiday :( I got lucky and got to spend time with the boyfriend himself which was awesome fun. Going down to the beach and walking on the shore ..holding hands... reminiscing about past and future memories and goals. How much we missed each other.. How much we love each other.. It was a dream!

I've realised alot of things this holiday too. The grass is not always greener on the other side. Officially! I began to envy my cousins who lived in India..fighting for survival on a daily basis. Stupidly enough I crave the mess. The pollution. Going out in an auto and coming back hair smelling like petrol. The rush. The constant beep beeps on the road. Kissan fruit jam. Amul butter. Little hearts biscuits.

I realised that how much ever I may love living in England. Deep down.. this is not home. That one day I'll want to go back to where I've come from.

Right now it feels like as if I have a year of absolute pain to endure before going back for another month on holiday. It shouldn't feel like this surely. melodramatic? gah!

I miss my baby :( I've realised alot of things. One of them was ...I need him.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment