And then life catches you. It ties you in a knot and confuses you. Things to do. People to see. To meet and to greet. To love, To lose. To live and to die. All these verbs that can end up being so meaningless over a period of time.
I can do everything through Christ who gives me the strength I need. Philippians 4:13.
Those words turned into a chant. Like a devotee. Every morning without fail. It's reassuring. Weak minded and feeble you might say. All that I am is just carbon oxygen nitrogen hydrogen and a few other elements in a freak coincidence. No soul no morals no restrictions.
One morning those words were forgotten. Somewhere deep down in another world filled with dreams and aspirations. Desires overtaken. I'm my ownself now. A lonesome ambition is not always successful. Everything turns dark, dry and meaningless. A few flickers of light. On the right path? But it's all too easy to just fall back. So then we run and run and run to catch those dreams again. That parallel universe. Almost in a trance. As if. Snap out of it kid. Wake up and smell the roses. But did you not hear? Roses always have thorns. Even if genetically modified to not. Looks are forever deceiving.
You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment laid out before a single day had passed. Psalm 139:16
Have some faith.
this is really good.
ReplyDeletex