Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Grabbing a blanket and snuggling deep into the comfortable depths of my sofa I was hoping to either fall asleep during a programme replaying what happened on the 26th of December 2004 or for someone to switch channels.

Because I knew at the end of it. I'd just feel horribly sad and sick with worry about the future of the human race in general. And perhaps on a more personal level, my own lifespan.

Another year gone by. See last year when the clocks struck 12 and it was officially the 1st of January 2009. I thought to myself - hmm this is going to be THE make or break year. I'm either going to screw my whole life up entirely or be successful in everything I do.

Now I'm one of those people who plan their whole lives from when they're going to graduate and where this would take place to where they're going to live and when they're going to have their first job and what they're going to be doing as a career.

And no matter how hard I try to not do that. Because I know that God will just do something amazing to remind me to put him and his wishes for me first. I still let everything just get ahead of me.

This year has been no exception. I planned for a million things. Thought a million things would happen. Hoped a million things would not happen. And now I can safely say, that not everything went to plan. It's been one hell of an unpredictable year.

But in the end, I turned out okay. I mean still alive and counting the chickens (and the blessings too).

I'm looking forward to so many exciting things in 2010. But reminding myself to take one day at a time.

And New Years resolution?
1. Develop healthy relationships based on the truth and the truth ONLY.
2. Read my Bible more.
3. Actually revise in advance for my exams rather than cramming 24 hours before.
4. Be a happier, nicer person to the world.

Happy New Year everyone :)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment